Location: Dayton, Ohio
Department: IS – Information Services
Trimble is looking for an Intern to work in our Information Service’s group. This position will be working in our Dayton, Ohio location.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business. Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The successful candidate for this internship will assist with the implementation of BI cloud software and report creation. In addition to the technical implementation, speaking with business users and obtaining detailed requirements will be a key aspect of this role.
- Work with high-level business users to understand and define reporting requirements.
- Perform necessary ETL to prep data for report creation.
- Create reports based on the given requirements.
- Validate, test and explain reports to business users.
- Train business users.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar major.
- Good communication skills and ability to think analytically.
- Understanding of relational database structures and concepts and familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools.