Sony Corporation Of America
Sony Corporation of America , located in New York, NY , is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking an Intern, Strategy & Communications to join the Global Information Security Department (GISD) located in Herndon, VA for the 2020 summer internship program. This position will report to the Manager for Communications and be a part of the team responsible for establishing and communicating an enterprise information security and privacy strategy. The role will be required to work with people from all levels of the organization including our global stakeholders. Interns will gain experience managing some of their own projects, from start to finish, in addition to working closely with Sony staff and contributing to larger projects.
The GISD summer internship program runs for twelve weeks beginning in May and ending in August. Our program is designed to provide skills, knowledge, and hands-on work experience in the information security industry, supporting the personal growth of our interns as well as Sony business results. This role is a fulltime, paid internship.
- Assist communications staff with information security engagement efforts across the Sony Group
- Perform daily administrative duties in support of the Strategy & Communications team, including messaging development
- Conduct and synthesize information security research
- Assist with the development of briefings, agendas, and project requirements
- Meets one or more of the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Currently enrolled in a technical or certificate program
- Recent graduate of a degree-seeking or technical program, within one year of completion
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Communications, Business Administration, and/or a related field with strong academic performance
- Prior work or internship experience in a professional office, preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, research, and writing skills
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft Publisher, preferred
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.