Requisition ID: 90725
We know you’re not just looking for an internship. You want an adventure — to do something that makes a real impact on the world around you. You want more opportunity and meaningful responsibilities from Day One, and you never settle for second best. We exist to make a difference and we offer opportunities for people like you to make one too. Here, your capabilities and talents will flourish while supporting Kiewit’s business goals and the iconic projects we build. So if you’re a strong communicator who’s looking for more than an internship, look no further.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Plaza in Omaha, NE. This is a corporate office in a professional office setting.
Corporate Communication is searching for a talented candidate to join its team as part of a three- to six-month internship. The intern will serve as a valued member of the team, providing ongoing support for a wide array of internal, external and creative communication projects and programs that are helping Kiewit deliver strong business results. Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading key company content, including news and information shared through Kiewit print and online media, video and other relevant internal and external communication vehicles
- Supporting the ongoing management of the company’s various corporate communication channels
- Verifying facts, dates and statistics to support various communication initiatives
- Assisting with leadership and other special communication projects as assigned
- Providing support for government affairs and public relations
- Providing administrative support to keep the team operating effectively
We are seeking a new grad, or a college junior or senior pursuing a degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or a related field of study. The following are basic qualifications for the role:
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp of AP style guidelines
- High level of motivation, willingness to learn – a go-getter willing to go the extra mile
- Outstanding attention to detail, facts and accuracy; strong organizational skills
- Some knowledge and skill with peripheral technology, such as digital cameras, scanners and A/V equipment
- Willing to work 20-40 hours a week or more (while attending school/summer break)
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite software preferred
- Ability to work in Omaha, Nebraska
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
- Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
- Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
- Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.