Do you love solving challenging problems at the intersection of disciplines like Digital Hardware, Test Engineering and Software Development? If using your electrical engineering skills, writing C code and developing test fixtures to help our Military and Aerospace customers test their technology is exciting to you then supporting our Spectrum-9100 products will be a blast!
Customers you will provide support to include the US Navy Raytheon, BAE, Northrup-Grumman, Boeing and many others.
Teradyne needs talented people, who share our passion and drive, to join our team. Our Mil-Aero customers depend on us to help them get sophisticated electronics tested and working in their next-generation military and avionics systems. You will be responsible for:
- Generating test software to run on Teradyne’s Spectrum ATE platforms. These automated software test programs are written in C,
- Associated test fixturing (adapters, cabling etc) to support new Test Program Set (TPS) and TPS conversions from legacy platforms. This includes working with test adapter suppliers to develop mechanical concepts and customer required documentation packages for high quality test adapters.
- Development, test, integration and validation of our customer's Units Under Test (UUT), ensuring that customer test requirements are met.
- Development of the complete set of hardware, software and documentation to support Teradyne's TPS services.
- TPS’s will primarily consist of Digital, Analog and high speed bus (VXI, PXI) design.
You should have good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment. Day-to-day you will be highly visible and will interact with many organizations including the TPS team, Program team, Sales and with the Customer. Customer interaction will include providing inputs to technical presentations, telecoms, leading formal reviews and input on TPS quoting.
As a Functional Test Program developer, you will take part in the following:
- Designing sophisticated analog and digital test interfaces to implement switching, filtering, signal conversion, and other functions.
- Analyze data, and design hardware/software solutions for which industry standards exist.
Develop/integrate Functional Test Programs utilizing Teradyne instrumentation such as:
Utilize software tools such as:
- TPS Convertor Studio,
- LabWindows CVI
- Test Studio
- Devise innovative techniques for testing and characterizing leading edge technology.
- Identify trends in customer TPS development to help guide the development of new Teradyne ATE instrumentation.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to learn new things quickly and apply them
- Process oriented and continuous improvement focused
- Ability to develop and maintain fellowship across departments
- Empowers associates to take risks to drive breakthrough innovation
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Education Required:
BS or MS degree ( Electrical or Computer Eng/Science )
Excellent verbal, written, organizational, analytical and PC Skills
Understanding of the Test Program Set (TPS) software development life cycle process
Proficiency with ANSI C programming languages
Prefer knowledge of C#, C++, or graphical environments like TestStand or TestStudio
- Comfortable with travel requirements which can be as much as 30% or greater
- Prior Co-op/Intern experience is desired and prior Teradyne experience is preferred.
This position involves working on products, technical data or services required for the design, development, production, manufacture, assembly, operation, repair, testing, maintenance, or modification of defense articles specially adapted for military/aerospace application, and are controlled under ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). ITAR controlled items, products and technical data cannot be exported to (including a “Deemed Export”), or imported from, any person who is not a U.S. Person as defined under ITAR without a license. Therefore, all candidates for this position must be one of the following: United States Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee, Refugee or otherwise lawfully admitted under an amnesty program.
Key Relationships: Marketing, Sales, Engineering Support Manager, Finance Manager, Engineers