WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are looking for a creative, driven Social Media Intern to help execute some of the innovative and effective strategies for the number one health brand.
Our intern is responsible for delivering social post creation (copy and creative), following daily health news trends on social platforms, and pitching new concepts.
Reporting to Director of Social Media this position is a hands-on, creative role participating in WebMD’s social presence across all existing and emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate is a creative social storyteller with an uncanny ability to tap into social trends and quickly get into the conversation in brand-appropriate ways.
- Programming for different platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram)
- Uses social listening tools and performance to help inform editorial coverage, video production, and programming on a daily, quick-turn and longer-term basis
- Reports to social team key performance indicators
- Assists with paid social media resources
- Monitors overall landscape and industry trends including new platforms and competitor activity
- Journalism, Mass Communication, Communications or Digital major/experience
- 4-plus years practicing personally on social media platforms
- Passion for health and wellness content
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook Live, and Snapchat
- Strong writing chops, well-aware of WebMD’s social brand (and competitors)
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and returning for the a future semester
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
- An eye for compelling storytelling and an understanding of what will drive engagement per platform
- Can provide concise status updates to social team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and turn on a dime when social opportunities emerge
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Extremely goal-driven; wants to surpass social goals, and then go even further
- Insatiably curious social media consumer; always on the watch for innovation/inspiration
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills a plus
- Production skills a plus