Are you passionate about developing quality applications, continuous process improvement, and working on an awesome team? Do you love coding new and exciting software applications to move businesses forward? Innovation is everything. You will be responsible for creating innovative solutions in an agile software development environment. Your development efforts drive results across an entire division of Comcast to increase system uptime, drive operational excellence, provide system transparency, deliver outstanding products, celebrate team success and strive towards continuous improvements. The XDev team excels in collaboration and teamwork and delivers awesome products to our internal customers. If you like challenges and working within a highly effective team, we want you on our XOC – Excellence in Operations XDev team!
There are many opportunities to learn and thrive at Comcast. A 10 week, fulltime internship with Comcast gives you meaningful work experience, programs for development and networking, competitive compensation and the opportunity to move into a fulltime career post-graduation.
- Gain the opportunity to make an impact on Comcast’s business and results
- Participate in developmental activities
- Network with leaders across multiple functions
- Receive a hands on experience and see the frontline aspects that make cable possible
- Reviews, writes, and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. College or University
- Preferred degree programs: Computer Science
- Academically enrolled the semester after your internship and graduating by summer 2020.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Ability to relocate post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
- Authorization to work in the United States
Additional Requirements and Preferences:
- Software Development, Deployment, Testing and Documentation Lifecycles
- Web Design and Development leveraging an MVC framework
- Database Management
- Software Integration
- Problem Solving
- Good analytical skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer