Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics
Penske Truck Leasing is seeking full-time paid Interns to join our Corporate offices team in the Summer of 2020!
The foundation for succeeding in business, whatever path you choose, is right here at Penske. You'll move lives and businesses forward. In our Corporate Internship Program, you'll collaborate with smart, ambitious colleagues. You'll grow far beyond the basics because we give you the independence to find innovative new ways to solve problems and make important business decisions. So take charge. And move forward.
This position will provide you with:
- Hands on experience – your time to shine! Apply the skills you have developed at school in a real Corporate setting
- A valuable role interacting with key members of one of today’s leading global transportation providers
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
These opportunities will be full-time (40 hrs. per week), generally Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm for approximately 12 weeks (May – August). Eligible candidates must be full time College students entering their Junior or Senior Year Fall of 2020. In these various positions you will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of knowledgeable professionals.
In addition to responsibility for various assignments and projects related to Vehicle Remarketing, all Interns will participate in Penske's Cooperative Internship Program. This is an extremely hands-on, robust program where all Interns will participate in events throughout the summer program that revolve around the three main pillars of the program: Community Service, Social Networking, and Professional Development.
Work Location: 2561 Bernville Road, Reading PA, 19605
- Student must be pursuing Bachelor’s degree in an accredited program (some internships require specific areas of study)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is required
- Student should be entering Junior or Senior year
- Completion of some core curriculum classes is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Solid understanding of time management and ability to multitask
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels in the organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Other Corporate
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Other Corporate
Req ID: 2001407