Country:United States of America
Location:OT499: BTT - BRISTOL, CT 99 CENTURY DRIVE, BRISTOL, CT, 06010 USA
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your engineering, communication, and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
Testing is an important function that allows Otis to qualify components to customer requirements. Otis Test Engineering in Bristol, CT is looking for an engineer summer intern to work with the Test Engineering department to design and develop an integrated incremental encoder test rig for product development use.
Integrated incremental encoders are critical subcomponents that an elevator system requires to monitor velocity, acceleration, position, direction, and provide function for rescue operations. The summer intern will work closely with the Test Engineering staff and work as a leader in designing and developing the encoder test rig.
- Develop the mechanical components of the test rig including design, analysis, and drawings (Creo) for fabrication, working closely with the fabricating technicians
- Design the electrical interfaces of the test rig to allow for different connections to the different types of integrated encoders utilized.
- Assisting in the creation of the data acquisition including potential programming in LabView and MatLab.
Overall goal is to contribute towards completion of the encoder test rig to be utilized by Otis Test Engineering development of future products and/ or root cause analysis of existing products.
- Working towards BS or MS in mechanical or software engineering. Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Working knowledge of Creo, MatLab and LabView or similar programs is preferred but not required.
- Desire to learn about design and implementation of test fixtures and working through development process.
- Knowledge of incremental encoder quadrature function useful not required.