Interns are assigned to a specific development team ranging anywhere from 4-15 developers/engineers, be trained, and given “real” programming assignments. This is very challenging and rewarding work that offers practical experience in the short-term and outstanding long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coding, unit testing and debugging in object-oriented development environments (VB.NET, C, C#, C++, VB 6.0, ASP, and T-SQL) and MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Actively contributing in a team setting to build, enhance, and support custom-developed software benefiting a wide array of manufacturing and administrative operations.
Some of our Development Teams:
Logistics - As part of this team you’ll be developing IT solutions to take customer orders and optimize transportation plans to meet customer expectation and maximize freight savings. Included with this is being able to efficiently manage the product in a warehouse through automated material handling, barcode tracking, and directing material handlers on how to move product efficiently, as well as following USPS processes and procedures for mailing large volumes.
Shared Services - As part of this team you’ll be responsible for the support and administration of software and developing solutions for any of the following corporate departments: Accounting, Human Resources, Data Warehousing, and Supply Chain Management.
Operations - As part of this team you’ll be working on software solutions and maintenance of software related to the following areas of our commercial print operations: Job Planning/Imaging, Press/Finishing, Scheduling and Raw Materials.
Sales/Marketing & Transactional Operations - As part of this team you be responsible for the support, administration and customization of software related to the following business lines: Direct Mail, Web Solutions, Commercial & Specialty Print, and Sales/Estimating
Client-Facing Business Solutions - As part of this team you’ll be responsible for the development, support and customization of our client-facing software solutions. The team is further divided into sub groups focusing on the following clientele: Catalog, Publisher, and Retail.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related field
- Completion of at least two semesters of object oriented programming
- Unrestricted Work Authorization in the US
- Strong problem-solving and object-oriented development skills
- A winning attitude
- A passion for software development
- Ability to work onsite in our WI plants
Additional Job Details
- Employment as a full time Software Developer does not commence until the candidate has completed his/her Bachelor’s (or greater) degree.
Additional Company Information\
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace