Advance Auto Parts
DevOps 2020 Summer Intern
Location: Raleigh, NC
Schedule – 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday // May 25 – July 31, 2020
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store.
We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns. For this 10 week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does.
But don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
General Job Responsibilities
Help develop, improve, and manage automated development pipelines:
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment mechanisms
- Interface with QA to build and maintain automated testing in the development pipeline
- Utilize containerization to make the deployment and testing process repeatable
- Utilize Blue-Green production deployment mechanism to make it error proof
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture for performance, security, maintainability, and cost.
- Develop and provide system performance and status reports as required by business unit.
- Interface with support for issue resolutions.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and prepare mitigation solutions.
Knowledge of Amazon Web Services-AWS setup and administration: Amazon Virtual Private Cloud-VPC, Subnets, EC2, EMR, ELB, S3, Hadoop, Route53, Web Application Firewall-WAF, Identity and Access Management-IAM, AD etc.
- Experience in Linux/Unix Administration especially in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge or Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, AWS Config, AWS CloudFormation, or similar.
- Good scripting skills especially around task automation
- Familiarity with using and managing systems like Jira, Confluence, and Git/SVN.
- Knowledge of basic SQL.
- Knowledge of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes for development and production environments
- Experience or exposure to Machine Learning on AWS
Experience with NoSQL technologies preferably Cassandra, Elastic Search and Cloudera Hadoop
- 2020 Rising Junior or Senior actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.