Haymarket Media Inc.
The Corporate Communications and Marketing Intern will play a key role in supporting internal communications, employee engagement initiatives and corporate and brand marketing goals.
This eight week program will run from June 15 to August 7, 2020. This is a paid, full-time internship and is not for college credit.
- Support communications for company initiatives, employee resource groups and executives including internal memos, press releases, promotional materials and media kits
- Fully support the company’s social media strategy across multiple platforms, working to build brand recognition and following
- Assist in administrative duties, including but not limited to research, media list maintenance and other system data entry
- Support Comms, HR and Marketing teams with various internal events for employees and interns
- Identify and develop new intranet content and ideas that highlight the Company and its employees
- Assist with program management of Haymarket’s Sustainability program and employee giving and volunteerism program
- Maintain content calendars for the intranet, social media and other communications functions
- Research industry trends and new technologies that would help improve internal communications and employee experiences
- Assist with revamp of corporate and brand marketing materials including brand briefs, executive biographies and company timeline
Skills and Requirements:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear and concise written materials
- Detailed oriented and highly organized and productive
- Rising Junior or Senior preferred; candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism or related field
- Active team participant who is not afraid to contribute ideas or take ownership of tasks; must possess excellent follow through skills
- Strong experience with social media and technology, especially LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
- Proven interest in the digital publishing industry, keeping up with competitors’ branding and strategies
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive, experience with Adobe Creative Suite and QuickBase a plus
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.