Software Engineer Intern – Enterprise Data Services
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 14,000+ employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a Software Engineer 1 at Asurion, here’s what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Write automated functional tests for applications
- Automate deployment and management of our platform using cloud technologies
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- Pursuit of a 4-year degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. Computer Science), or equivalent experience, with a graduation date between August 2020 – May 2021
- An interest in full-stack software development
- A passion for software architecture, and an interest in learning how to design APIs that are a joy to use
- Coursework or relevant experience in software design, including knowledge of design patterns
- Basic familiarity with databases and SQL
- Good communication skills
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude