National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Posting TitleSummer Internship: High Performance Computing Software Development
LocationCO - Golden
Position TypeIntern (Fixed Term)
Hours Per Week40
The High-Performance Computing team has an opening for a student intern to help support the NREL HPC users and systems. Tasks include:
- Working in an agile development environment to develop new features.
- Testing, identifying, and fixing bugs.
- Contributing to discussion and providing project status updates.
- Contributing to technical documentation.
Basic QualificationsMust be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree granting program, or graduated in the past 12 months from an accredited institution. Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation. Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- You will need to upload official or unofficial school transcripts as part of the application process.
- If selected for position, a letter of recommendation will be required as part of the hiring process.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience developing within Django web framework.
- Python development experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally as part of a team.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
NREL is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. NREL promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against workers or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans.
NREL validates right to work using E-Verify. NREL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.