Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Professionals is looking for a DevOps Engineer Intern to join their DevOps team! The DevOps Engineer Intern position will be located in Ann Arbor, MI and will provide day to day application support of the Tax & Accounting Professionals online hosted products operating within Thomson Reuters Data Centers and Amazon Web Services. Working closely with the Thomson Reuters Infrastructure, Hosting and Networks teams and local Development teams, the DevOps Engineer Intern will help ensure availability, stability and performance of Tax & Accounting Professionals products.
- Participates in the implementation, deployment and maintenance of Tax and Accounting Professionals online applications
Work with a wide array of technologies to meet objectives including:
- Windows and Linux Servers
- MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL Database Servers
- Tomcat, Apache and IIS Applications Servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- Enterprise and Cloud Storage
- Software deployment and lifecycle management software
- Amazon Web Services technologies
- Performs daily tasks and ongoing projects relative to operational and application support of Tax & Accounting Professional products. These tasks include monitoring, backup / restores, application availability, scheduled / non-scheduled maintenance, release management, code deployment and configuration management.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Thomson Reuters IHN and Tax & Accounting Professionals Technology staff
- Drives efficiency and accuracy through scripting, automation, documentation and continual process improvement.
- Work to resolve technical issues escalated from other teams and/or external customers
- Respond to, and resolve alerts from application monitoring systems to ensure product availability
- Documentation of application management, configuration management, release management, systems architecture and administrative processes
- Work with leadership to provide regular status reports of given project tasks
- Current student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems.
- A fundamental understanding of networking such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers and WAN connections.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
Experience, knowledge or interest in the following areas:
- Systems administration on Windows and/or Open Source (Linux) platforms.
- Software Development Life Cycle and deployment methodologies.
- Delivering and supporting enterprise level web-based applications to external customers.
- Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Python and/or PowerShell scripting.
- Systems that connect to central storage devices, NAS or SAN.
- Public Cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services) a plus.
- Professional technical certifications are a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America