General Dynamics Information Technology
Travel Required: None
GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our technical internship allows you the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client’s most complex issues. Throughout GDIT’s 10-week summer internship program, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as software development, data infrastructure, cybersecurity, networking, and IT support, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. As an intern, you will have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced and innovative industry professionals. Your internship experience will equip you with best in class skills to take back to the classroom.
GDIT is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst Associate (Intern) in (Bossier City, La).
The Cyber Security Analyst Associate (Intern) will collaborate in a student worker capacity under direct supervision, assists in integrating relationships between business units and central corporate functions to ensure success in meeting business and corporate goals and objectives. You will be a key member of a dynamic and versatile operations team. You must work with other analysts to understand business processes and promoting data integrity. You will have the opportunity to develop consulting skills, gather and research data, develop analysis as well as contribute to the creation of deliverables.
Competencies (what the program is looking for)
- Basic knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in engineering, information systems, and related technical support.
- Basic knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Basic understanding of data manipulation of Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s)
- Basic understanding of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Basic understanding of Vulnerability Management (Vulnerability Scanning and Patching)
- Basic understanding of Information Assurance
- Basic understanding of Forensics
- Basic understanding of Multifactor Authentication
- Basic understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring
- Basic understanding of Python
- Basic understanding of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Must be current enrolled in an accredited college or university with at least 1 semester remaining in school
- Must be pursuing a degree in computer science or similar
Must be pursuing a certification in the field of Cyber Security
- CompTIA Security+
- Information Assurance
- Certified Ethical Hacker
#gditinternsWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.