Requisition ID: 245046
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
SAP Software Development teams have embarked on an audacious vision to build applications to bring sellers and buyers closer together like never before. We are looking to build several applications that add value to both ends of the spectrum and create a smart global profile for the supplier to meet any procurement business needs without any friction. If you are passionate about building user-centric enterprise software applications and be part of a strong technical team then this is your dream opportunity.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer
Location: Bellevue, WA; San Francisco & Palo Alto & San Ramon, CA; Alpharetta & Atlanta, GA
Expected start date to end date: June 8 ,2020 – August 14, 2020
In this role, you’ll:
- Have the unique opportunity to design, develop and deliver core experiences of our new applications using Java, Angular, C, C++
- Document and test new software applications
- Solve complex problems and design systems that enable best-in-class operation of SAP cloud services and communications with our customers.
- Be part of a team that believes in complete ownership of products, tools and services which inspires other teams to deliver better software and build customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate and leverage the latest and greatest AWS Cloud technologies as you build and innovate.
- Collaborate and innovate with Product, Design and other engineering teams to deliver a seamless, consistent and engaging user experience for millions of users
- Design and develop front-end interfaces, RESTful APIs and backend systems
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience).
- Strong communication skills that include the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment working with multiple teams across various geographies
- Preferred experience: familiarity with Gradle, Microservices (Springboot), Redis, CI/CD tools using Jenkins, Github. Experience building cloud applications (eg. Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Azure).
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.