Haymarket Media Group
This eight-week summer internship program will run from June 15 to August 7, 2020. This is a paid, full-time internship and is not for college credit.
As the events marketing intern, you will play a key role in supporting all marketing for our event programs. This person will assist with the marketing of Haymarket events across brands PRWeek, MM&M, McKnight’s, McKnight’s Senior Living and Haymarket’s medical brands. You will be asked to assist with research projects, data entry, reporting, design across multiple marketing channels, and other assigned tasks.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the events run by Haymarket
- Become familiar with marketing timelines, channels, processes, reporting and tactics
- Assist in developing and organizing events promotions including, email, online, print and social
- Attend live events and get hands on experience
- Become familiar with all marketing platforms and reporting systems
- Become familiar with the marketing goals of all events
- Assist department in upcoming administrative tasks as needed including (data entry, filing, travel, and expenses)
Skills and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has a passion for marketing and communications and wants to work in the events industry. We want someone who will use this opportunity to learn from a talented and passionate group of professionals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to prioritize accordingly
- Ability to participate, lead and work effectively in multiple team environments
- Good time management, a fast learner, a sense of humor and the ability to work as part of a team are prerequisites
- Should be able to write proposals, keep accurate minutes of meetings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Rising Junior or Senior preferred; candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.