Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG)
Under close supervision, assist in the performance of technical and administrative duties related to the functions of the organization and projects/programs to which assigned.
Applications are due on October 28, 2019 by 5 PM (PST).First Review of Applications will be on October 30, 2019.
· Learn policies, procedures and techniques specific to area of current or past projects/studies.
· Performs tasks that are valuable and necessary to the assigned department, such as, computation, programming/scripting/coding, and GIS data analysis.
· Assists in research, analysis, review and other related activities in the Planning and GIS department.
· Gains practical experience in the professional and technical field of study.
· Collects, analyzes, maintains, and prepares GIS data for AMBAG’s data clearinghouse.
· Responds to GIS data requests, prepares maps, and GIS data analysis as required.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Numerous factors contribute to an individual's ability to be successful in any given role.
· Completed minimum of three year's towards a bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the field of planning or similar (land use/ environmental planning/ natural resources/ computer science/ geography/ social science/ GIS).
· Demonstrated proficiency of ArcGIS software 10.6 or newer, and ability to use software in job related tasks.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to comprehend/and or write complex documents/reports/correspondence.
· Strong computer skills in areas such as data analysis, specifically Microsoft Excel; and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
· Ability to document all methodology and provide summarized spreadsheets of analysis performed.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or employees of organization/jurisdictions.
· The ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Programming skills in relation to ArcGIS scripts and coding for analysis such as Python is desirable, but not required.
This is a part-time position; the successful candidate will work between ten and nineteen hours per week. The hourly rate ranges between $14.70 to $19.77.
How to Apply:
We encourage all interested candidates to apply for this position by completing an AMBAG Employment Application form. Resumes, cover letters, and work samples may be submitted in addition to the Employment Application, but are not a substitute for this document. Any employment package where an AMBAG Employment Application form is incomplete or missing will not be considered.
The Employment Application can be downloaded in PDF format from the AMBAG website (www.ambag.org). Alternatively, a copy can be requested by calling (831) 883-3750. Completed applications and related materials can be submitted via e-mail, fax, regular mail, and courier or delivered by hand.
Candidate Selection and Notification
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated and the best qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.70 to $19.77 /hour
- One location