Haymarket Media Group
This eight-week summer internship program will run from June 15 to August 7, 2020. This is a paid, full-time internship and is not for college credit.
We are looking for a marketing and social media intern with a strong interest and understanding of media in the world of digital messaging. With the help of your team leader, you will learn the importance of specific marketing reports and how they relate to various departments including: Editorial, Events, Audience Development and Sales. You will be responsible for understanding and implementing best practices across all social media profiles. Through your work, you will inform our stakeholders of what subscribers, followers, and target audiences engage with and how.
- Provide marketing support to our Business Media and Medical Group’s audiences
- Update cross-brand reporting and the execution of multi-platform digital and social media messaging
- Reporting through Google Analytics and other brand specific tools
- Online outreach and promotion of upcoming events, partnerships, and programs
- Creating original content unique to each platform (social media accounts, e-blasts, and newsletter content)
- Data-driven follower engagement analysis to increase our social media activity
- Schedule/post social media campaigns and schedule email campaigns
- Research and compile data on industry contacts
- Write brief copy for promotional efforts
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of social tools including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Mid-level experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Must be able to manage assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate and ask questions when unsure about a project
- Rising Junior or Senior preferred; candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media Management, Public Relations or Communications
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.