The LGBT Center
Summary: The Communications and Media Intern will assist with communications, media and marketing initiatives for The Center’s events, activities and programs. This individual will interact regularly with members of the LGBT community and collaborate with Center staff across departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update media contacts.
- Create and disseminate press releases.
- Monitor print and online media clips.
- Contribute content to e-newsletters and The Center’s website.
- Social media campaign creation and implementation.
- Manage The Center's media partnerships.
- Assist with overall branding and marketing efforts.
- Must be a student; junior or senior level undergraduate students preferred.
- Ability to intern approximately 15-25 hours each week.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Interest in video and audio content editing.
- Able to multitask, meet deadlines and work well independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity of LGBTQ+ communities and issues is strongly preferred.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center.