Warner Music Group
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after ‘ Digital and Revenue Development team at ‘ WEA’ .
A little bit about our team:
Maximize WMG digital revenue and market share while protecting our releases from leaks, infringing content and executing our digital strategy.
Why this could be your next big break:
Assist with daily anti-piracy and content protection responsibilities of the Anti-Piracy Team, focusing primarily on UGC/Social Media platforms. This role will assist in the planning, protection, and tracking of various master releases of the Warner Music Group artist roster. They will support the anti-piracy initiatives of the labels operational activities globally.
Here you’ll get to:
- Assist in evaluating YouTube channels for best practices and optimization along with collection of supporting data
- Aid in the organization of tasks needed in effectively protecting our WMG YT channels by label and genre
- Develop and execute scalable, effective enforcement strategies across digital music and e-commerce platforms
- Coordinate and communicate with 3rd party partners in the development and execution of online anti-piracy strategies
- Gain expertise in the content management systems at YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, and SoundCloud
- Monitor the commercial platforms disputed queue (i.e. Facebook, YouTube)
- Help review UGC videos and assist in the takedowns of infringing content
- Perform claiming tasks on official or user generated content as needed
- Join weekly meetings with YouTube partner management to discuss WMG priorities
- Help manage day-to-day content protection activities across YouTube and various platforms
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
Pay strong attention to detail, have great computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel). The candidate should be self-motivated but can collaborate with a team as well as be highly motivated with a strong interest in digital business. They should also have refined interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to process, retain and action information quickly.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Knowledge of digital music platforms (YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.)
- Broad understanding of music trends
- Familiarity with social media/User-Generated Content (UGC) platforms (e.g., YouTube, SoundCloud)
- Highly intuitive and responsive, ability to handle urgent requests
Our internships experience at WMG:
Warner Music Group is looking for ambitious students and recent graduates with a genuine interest in the music industry and a curiosity to learn about our business. We pride ourselves on providing in-depth, dynamic, and challenging experiences while keeping it fun and having a good time. At Warner, our interns have a voice that is heard and valued. Each day offers a chance to learn a new skill, meet with a different department, and contribute to Warner’s global success.
Internships at Warner are paid opportunities designed to provide students with real-world experience working with the most passionate and innovate people in the music industry. Our summer internships will last for 15 weeks and start at the end of May.
You can expect the following application timeline:
Mid-November 2019 – Mid-January 2020: Application Review
Mid-January 2020 - March 2020: Interviews
February 2020 - April 2020: Offer stage
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.