98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you will be joining the Contingent Workforce Services team that is responsible for the continued development of our Contingent Workforce Program strategies and HR Workforce Planning. We have a dynamic, new, and growing function that has a collaborative and inclusive culture. Our goal is to enable you to continue developing your early career, so start your journey with us!
You will collaborate closely with a team of HR professionals, internal partners/other stakeholders, and senior leadership. Your day-to-day exposure includes developing policies and procedures, providing and presenting analysis and recommendations for crucial issues that will drive the direction of our workforce. Potential projects could include:
- Develop a change management strategy and executable plan for the rollout of a flexible workforce policy
- Develop an analysis of the implications, both qualitative and quantitative of VMware’s new flexible workforce policy
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for the next phases of VMware’s contingent workforce system roadmap
- Perform talent supply and demand analysis for VMware’s WW site strategy and integrate the findings and recommendations into the larger body of work being performed by other functions (Real Estate and Workplace, Legal, Tax, Finance, Sustainability, etc.)
- Develop a global communications strategy for contingent workforce program resources
- Develop recommendations for a world-wide strategy for deployment of a contingent workforce, including considerations for involvement in the gig economy
- Pursuing an MBA in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or relevant field of study
- 0-2 years of experience within any of the following areas: Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or similar functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to present and articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- Passion for human capital management
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Ability to build strong relationships working with cross functional teams
- Enterprise level experience and comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
- Ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- Works well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of the MS office package
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-11-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.