VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware offers Marketing interns an opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative team, within a variety of different marketing functions. As a Marketing Intern, you will be assigned to a specific team within the marketing organization that will best fit your interest/skills. You may work with multiple organizations within Marketing and will receive a well-rounded, global marketing experience. One of the roles will be working on the Global Customer & Partner Relationship Marketing team as follows:
About the Global Customer & Partner Relationship Team
The Global Customer & Partner Relationship team is a global corporate marketing group that is responsible for the strategy, design, and roll-out of high-touch marketing programs for VMware’s customer and partner community. The scope includes program strategy, planning, and actual on-the-ground execution. The team works closely with a variety of stakeholders including the Digital, Brand and Advertising, and Communications teams. Due to the global nature of this group, work is done in lockstep with Field Marketing teams in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with the teams meeting on a regular basis.
This position will assist the team in developing and executing customer and partner engagement programs with the objective of deepening relationships in strategic customer and partner accounts. Marketing programs include a mix of digital and high-touch, in-person engagement programs.
This role will provide a broad experience in marketing with a mix of digital and high-touch engagements for a college student with a strong interest in technology, business, or marketing. This is a global role, so interns will have the opportunity to work closely with Field Marketing teams in various geographies and countries.
- Customer & Partner Relationship Programs
- Assist in building and executing the relationship programs for customer and partner audiences aligned to their engagement journey. Programs leverage a range of mediums including social, web, email, and events.
- Assist with tracking and reporting of key program metrics
- Create and package campaign assets
Executive and Strategic Audience Marketing
- Project management of marquee programs such as our Customer Advisory Board (CAB) and Partner Leadership Summit (PLS); assist with event planning and execution
- Assist with tracking and reporting of key program metrics
- Support the Executive Sponsor Program (a program which matches VMware executives with high priority customer executives to grow professional relationships) by driving and tracking sales and executive sponsor engagements
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Proven success working and adapting in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A desire to work, lead, and collaborate on a global team, taking cultural differences into consideration
- Strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Leader, team player, information seeker, takes ownership
- Positive, professional, and driven “can-do” attitude with a passion to learn and grow
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Effective presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Have experience in program or event management
- Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-30
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.