98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
The Colleague Experience & Technology team at VMware plays a vital role as we work on evolving the tools and services we offer to VMware employees globally with modern design, inspiring prototypes, and the newest technologies. You will succeed through creativity, collaboration, and prompt delivery. We’ll provide the real-world experience of conceptualizing, designing, and building new employee facing products from scratch or new features with existing services and tools. You’ll have the full support, guidance, and knowledge of our team as we aim to enable our colleagues to do their best work through delightful experiences.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an Intern in AI/ML, you will be working as a data scientist who understands and makes values of data. You will be responsible to proactively identify data sources, analyze it for better understanding of business processes and build AI tools to automate them. In this role you will also be working a lot on NLP (natural language processing) and AI assistant frameworks. Data Engineering experience is desired. You will also be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data processing pipelines both for structured and unstructured data.
- Proficient in NLP and be able to apply Deep Learning models to solve natural language related problems
- Build and optimize big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of feature to resolve real customer pain points and requirements
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production ready code
- You are always shipping
- Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field of study.
- AI/ML Specialization particularly in NLP area
- Knowledge of one object-oriented programming language(C, C++, Java, Python)
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to write clean and comprehensive code in any language
- Rest API, Microservices, JSON
- Java / Spring
- Mobile Application Development (Android, iOS, Hybrid)
- Front end web development (ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS)
- Single-page web application architecture
- API’s integration SOA: SOAP and REST Webservices, SSO implementation (SAML, OAuth)
- SQL (Oracle, MySOL)
- NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker is nice but not must.
Please note that whileanyonewith a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.