VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The GTM Operations M&A Integration team directs all program management efforts related to the transition of acquired Sales teams and related processes. This M&A Intern will be the responsible for working alongside the Director of GTM Operations Integration on active integration projects. The individual will be required to provide hands-on and work as much as an individual contributor role and be a self-starter with minimal supervision.
The role works with leaders within the GTM Operations team and cross-functional GTM M&A teams across the organization. This intern must have a positive and can-do attitude.
In this role, you will:
- Provide project coordination and management on M&A deal activities between VMware and newly acquired teams
- Collaborate with Director on each project to develop timelines, responsibilities, and custom activities necessary to execute
- Distribute meeting notes and follow up on outstanding action items
- Drive follow-up activities in collaboration with all groups associated with the GTM Ops work streams
- Develop and document process flows for legacy and to-be processes
- Create, update, and maintain project plans, weekly status reports, and management reports
- Partner with GTM Operations teams to create training documentation to support the onboarding process
- Assist in developing business requirements for IT projects related to integration efforts
- Support cross-functional M&A team
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant field of study
- Experience in business planning, channel sales/marketing management, sales operations, or finance highly valued
- Schedules and/or attends meetings and coordinates logistics as required
- Prepares program/project documentation such as presentations, reports, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office – Intermediate to Advance (MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
- Ability working with cross-functional teams
- Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.