ANSYS empowers the world's most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching internship program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists.
As a graduate student intern, you will help develop our industry-leading simulation software while gaining real experience in your field of study. You will work on a variety of impactful projects to help maintain, advance, and accelerate ANSYS products.
In this internship, you will support our Fluids Product Development team. This is a 40-hour per week paid position starting May 2020 and concluding August 2020.
- Verify and validate new models
- Develop new applications of existing models and/or identify software or model limitations.
- Determine best practices when applying simulation software to solve challenging industrial problems.
- Work alongside software developers during the design, implementation and verification process.
- Develop prototypes or test new solution strategies or algorithms.
- Investigate defects in production code.
- Develop unit and regression tests.
- Analyze results and communicate findings using visualization software.
- Pursuing a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related technical degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to university after the completion of the internship program.
- Experience in CFD combustion or other reacting-flow simulations.
- Exposure to C/Fortran, C++, C#, Java or Python.
- Sharp and tenacious problem-solving skills.
- Experience in CFD software development.
- Experience with combustion simulations.
- Previous coding experience.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the what's next as much as the mission accomplished. It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego