Department and Position Overview
VIPER QA Engineering is responsible for measuring the quality of new feature and service software as released by development. This position would join a team of Software development Engineers in Test focused on building an automated test framework for Comcast's IP CDN.
Comcast’s IP CDN has multiple components – each of which requires testing for itself as well as testing the integration of the full IP CDN into the delivery of multiple IP Video services. New feature development will continue as this team works to develop the test harness for regression/already existing functionalities.
Intern Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain automated component, acceptance and integration tests
- Contribute to automated deployment solutions through CI/CD
- Work closely with internal teams to understand product requirements, architecture, and technology
- Interact with multiple teams for integration of testing and for test data needs
- Participate acceptance criteria development and approval
- Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Networking Concepts - TCP/IP, DHCP basic routing
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of programming languages including Go, Perl, Python, Shell/Bash, Groovy, Java, Protractor
- Knowledge of Build Management and CI/CD tools like Maven, Jenkins, Concourse
- Knowledge of Containerization and container orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Version Control using GitHub, Gitlab or SVN
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
Education Level – University (Bachelors)
Field of Study – Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Software Engineering;
Years of Experience – Classroom
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer