The Visualization team at Uber is offering research and engineering internships in San Francisco. We are looking for students pursuing their Ph.D. who are excited about pushing the state-of-the-art in graphics, visualization, machine learning, urban computing, mixed reality, and more.
You will directly collaborate with engineers, researchers, and designers, with access to world-class product teams and solve real-world problems. You are expected to own end-to-end visual analytics projects from ideation to prototyping through evaluation via rigorous field studies. Interesting outcomes typically lead to research papers, technical blogs, and open-source libraries.
- Work with your mentor to frame a problem of both research and business values
- Develop advanced visualizations and reusable software solutions to address the problem
- Conduct rigorous analysis and evaluation in support of your research priorities
- Communicate project deliverable with data producers and consumers across the company
- Masters or Ph.D. student (anticipated graduation in 2021) in computer science or related disciplines
- Engineering proficiency to architect data-intensive applications from the ground up
- Capable of working independently and executing research plans with minimal oversight
- Ability to organize and synthesize analysis and communicate insights with clarity
- You have interdisciplinary research experiences with strong academic publication record
- You own or have contributed to open-source software libraries
Our mission is to enhance people's ability to understand and communicate data through the design and implementation of interactive systems for data visualization and analysis. Refer to the following link for more examples about what we do as a team. https://eng.uber.com/tag/data-visualization/