Founded in 2010, Method Communications is a midsize, integrated communications agency. Our culture is anchored in our core values – relationships, resourcefulness and results – and enables us to produce award-winning work. We’re proud to be a nationally recognized team and agency with The Holmes Report Technology Agency of the Year, PRWeek 40 Under 40 and PRWeek Young PR Professional of the Year, amongst others. Come see why Method is like no other agency.
The intern role at Method Communications is a hands-on, entry-level position offered to college graduates interested in pursuing a career in public relations. Marketing and communications majors in their junior and senior years of college with past internship experience are preferred.
Method’s intern program is a six-month paid introduction to public relations, where our interns have the opportunity to be immersed in day-to-day client activities. You’ll be involved in the overall support and management of client projects and initiatives while garnering strong understanding of the foundation of public relations.
- Account Management:
- Daily account support to account teams, including preparing client agendas and action items, scanning news for relevant press stories and client competitor research.
- Research, build and manage client master media lists
- Create coverage reports and daily or weekly clips for client teams
- Monitor news for client inclusion in press stories, identify relevant competitor coverage and flag to internal team members
- Speaking and Awards Program:
- Provide support to team members in the development, monitoring and ongoing upkeep of relevant client speaking and award opportunities.
- Agency Involvement:
- Participate in office activities and demonstrate a willingness to learn “The Method Way.”
- Have a strong, positive agency presence
- Learn why social matters to PR and how to use social media for clients
- Discover what tools are available, what Method uses and why
- Help with day to day office organization; answer calls, greet guests and clients
- Work with conference room scheduling
- Additional tasks as needed
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- Brings a proactive approach to day-to-day activities
- Exhibits strong time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Curiosity, comfortable asking questions to better understand roles and expectations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Undergraduate degree
If you’re excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment – and ready to work with cutting-edge tech startups and billion-dollar brands – then consider joining our team. Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing why you think you are a good fit for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Curious about what it’s like in real life? Here’s what some of our former interns, now full-time employees, have said about their internship experience at Method:
“When it comes to internships, Method provides the best opportunity to grow and learn that I have ever been a part of. I had done internships before where I felt like I was on my own trying to figure things out and never really learned anything. That’s not the case at Method. Method is a fast-paced, challenging environment that will provide you with experiences to help develop your talent. Not to mention you will be working with some of the most talented PR professionals that are happy to help you out. Method will get you on track to a promising career.”
“Interns play an integral role at Method and help reinforce the foundation of every team they are on. They’re in a unique position to learn from some of the best in the business, as they get to rub shoulders daily with our all-star leadership team and incredible clients. This isn’t a position for college graduates who want to make coffee.”
“Interning at Method was the best way I could’ve transitioned from bright-eyed college student to actual PR professional. Coworkers across offices and at different levels were willing to take the time to personally train me and ensure I understood The Method Way. I was assigned real work that goes directly to the client. From the start of my internship I felt like a vital team member, and that feeling has continued to grow as I’ve been promoted to a full-time employee.”