Brierley & Partners, Inc.
Seeking high-quality technology enthusiasts! We are actively looking for a fresh graduate with a strong craving for a challenge and opportunity to grow as a Software Engineer with Brierley+Partners. If you are in search of the first step to building your career in Software Engineering, apply today!
What is it about Brierley that makes us the right place for you?
- We are transforming our company to become truly Agile. What does that mean for you? Massive opportunity – specifically, in this role! As a vital member of our Quality Assurance team, you will hit the ground running and will ensure the delivery of a performance product.
- You will use the latest tools and methodologies, and will work with globally-recognized, “big-name” companies across multiple industries verses being siloed to one.
- You won’t be a cog in a machine or just a billable resource. You will work on complex solutions and will become a true resource that is at the heart of our company.
What is the nitty-gritty, day in the life of this role?
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Solve complex problems using a variety of technical skills
- Responsible for full SDLC (development, testing, and deployment)
- Use and contribute to a mature DevOps pipeline
- Analyze potential issues and drive to resolution by troubleshooting problem situations and performing root-cause analysis.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Partner and collaborate with other Technology teams throughout the software development lifecycle.
What are our needs and “nice to haves” for this role – the BIG PICTURE?
People that tend to love Brierley are cut from the cloth of:
- “I am a professional problem-solver and solution-seeker.”
- “I crave something fast-paced and challenging.”
- “I want to be the trusted adviser.”
- “I like being handed projects and ideas to run with.”
- “I am determined to build the right things the right way. Yet, I am prepared to fail fast and retrospect for the sake of collective advancement.”
- “I am eager to learn and share knowledge with others.”
- “I work cross-functionally and externally with empathy and kindness as the backbone of all interactions.”
- “I understand how to juggle priorities when there are time limits.”
- Junior or Senior completing your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a technically equivalent degree program from an accredited college or university
- Already completed your undergraduate degree and working towards your post-grad degree
- Curriculum based on Object-Oriented Programming with experience in Microsoft .NET, Databases and Internet Programming
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: C# or Java, C# is preferred (Design Patterns, OOP, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with streaming platforms is a plus like Kafka or Kinesis
- Ability to work with collaboratively with team members but also independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish relationships and work effectively with cross-functional teams to acquire knowledge and drive system solutions.
- Frisco, TX in a shiny-new, modern, extremely collaborative environment off of Dallas North Tollway and Warren Parkway, next to the Frisco Star