New American Funding
Position: Jr Business Data Analyst
Location: Tustin, CA
Position Summary: Are you excited to analyze large datasets and help business owners make data driven decisions? Are you exited to design and develop automated reports using industry leading tools like Tableau? At New American Funding we know the importance of utilizing quantitate insights and actionable reports to drive our business; and we are looking for a highly talented Business Data Analyst to join our BI and Analytics team and help us become a more data driven company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive stakeholder engagement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to details
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong desire to learn the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc.
- Possess the ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner with clear recommendations based on data insight
- Can function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team, perform effectively and demonstrated willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience independently designing and implementing solutions to complex problems.
- Have attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in solutions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Must be a team player
- Must have clear and effective communication
- Understanding of the mortgage industry including the life cycle of a loan is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Must have experience working with a data visualization tool Tableau, Power BI or equivalent, SSRS, SSIS.
- Relevant experience as a business analyst, data analyst or related role is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of SQL and creating complex queries.
Other Duties: This job may require frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time. This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Analyst or Data Analyst: 2 years (Preferred)
- PowerBI: 2 years (Preferred)
- Tableau: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off