Biostatistics department summer internship provides the opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the role of biostatistics in drug development as well as broad exposure to various roles in Biometry. The program fosters growth and development of its participants by providing networking opportunities, career development and involvement in projects that makes a significant contribution to Biostatistics department. This program introduces the interns to have Biostatisticians as their mentors and also helps them to engage in seminars and discussions conducted in the department.
- Experience in R programming and use of CRAN or Bioconductor libraries.
- Develop data and analysis apps and web services using R and Shiny.
- Experience with Shiny, ggplot2, tidyverse and R Markdown packages is a plus.
- Help review and summarize statistical and medical journals
- Assist in data output QC and checks
- Assist in organizing statistical reference files and statistical library
- Analysis of Big Data
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited University graduate program
- Undergraduate or Graduate Level Student
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
- Has knowledge in statistical software packages (i.e. SAS, R), or experience with a programming language C++/ Java/ Python or similar.
- Knowledge of analysis of big data will be an advantage.