Levi Strauss & Co.
This summer you could have the opportunity to work for one of Levi Strauss & Co.’s iconic brands! Our SanFrancisco-based Summer Internship opportunities, among the Levi’s® and Dockers® brands, give students real worldwork experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading fashion and apparel companies. Our 10 week Summer Internship Program is the perfect way to gain work experience within the core of the organization, while learning what a career at LS&Co. might have in store for you.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, all interns will participate in an intern group project dedicated to a criticalbusiness initiative as well as be exposed to all areas of our business and our brands. Leadership seminars and careerexploration series connect our interns to our leaders and educate around different career paths. Intern performancewill be assessed using our internal review process.
Levi Strauss & Company is pursuing a global strategy for AI and data science. This is an exciting opportunity for a business-minded, data savvy superstar: the successful intern candidate will play a key role in accelerating the effectiveness of our Demand and Supply Planning processes using machine learning and software engineering during the summer of 2020. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional teams including business and technology teams, to tackle challenges of strategic importance to the company. You will have the opportunity to innovate and create breakthrough web applications that embeds predictive models and demo your findings to leadership members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with business partners and IT data engineers to refine problem statements and hypotheses.
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models.
- Write production-level code to convert ML models into working pipelines.
- Partner with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and fellow ML Engineers to frame Machine Learning problems within a business context.
- Communicate methodologies and results in simple language.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation for technical requirements and solutions.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Current undergraduate student in Computer Science, or related STEM or quantitative field with an anticipated graduation date of 2021
- Have hands-on experience in implementing algorithms and web applications.
- Have experience using some of the scripting languages: C++, Java, Scala or Python.
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark, R and scripting preferred.
- Are a creative problem-solver
- Proven track record of achieving significant results.
- Are a great team player that everyone enjoys working with.
- Ensure the accuracy and relevance of the team's deliverables through frequent peer-reviews and pair-programming sessions.
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.