LinQuest is seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join our team at our office in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a Summer internship with the possibility of going part-time during the school year.
The GIANT team is looking for talented and motivated engineers to advance the state of the art of Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) modeling and simulation (M&S). The Global Position System (GPS) Interference And Navigation Tool (GIANT) is employed by engineers and operators throughout the US DoD and by our allies to design, test, train, and operate both current and future PNT capabilities in realistic, challenging Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) scenarios. As a Software Engineer Intern, you will join a fast-paced agile team to create and integrate new algorithms and sensor models, develop and integrate interfaces, and ensure continuous improvement of the software and associated databases. Engineers on this interdisciplinary team collaborate to deliver a complete software capability, covering everything from working with customers to define an operational need through deployment and training, to enable our warfighters to fight through a contested environment.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will develop engineering software to predict the performance of current and future GPS and other PNT sensors in operational scenarios. Tasking includes implementing algorithms to simulate the performance of GPS, communication system, and sensor performance; developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for configuration and data visualization; and creating application programming interfaces (APIs) to provide other applications access to the core simulation features. Engineers provide support for the complete software development life cycle including design, integration, technical documentation, and testing.
- Perform software design and development in C++, XML and SQL
- Collaborate with systems engineers and subject matter experts to refine requirements
- Completion of 2 years toward a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Experience with C++, C or C#
- Familiarity with continuous integration process and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be local to the greater Colorado Springs area
- Some local travel may be required (~10%)
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required
- Experience working as a member of an agile software development team (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience developing cross-platform software on both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Python
- Experience with geospatial markup languages
- Experience developing desktop graphical user interfaces
- Experience developing high-performance parallel software
- Experience with secure application development practices
- Experience using and interpreting the results of static code analysis tools
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.