You will be part of our Summer 2019 Intern program and work with a very fast-growing and rapidly innovating machine learning team within Glassdoor that is building our next generation of products. You will participate into ML projects related to Jobs product, and be the owner of modeling and delivery of certain ML products to support the business. This includes a diverse range of needs covering areas from job/user classification/clustering to search ranking and personalization. A typical week would comprise brainstorming with your manager and the team, prototyping models and improving model features, and collaborating with engineers to deploy ML pipelines and products. All of these activities will be tightly coupled, and will facilitate helping people finding jobs and growing Glassdoor's revenue.
The ideal candidate will be extremely curious, and have a strong scientific background in machine learning, math, statistics, and be obsessed with results. You exercise very sound judgment and have the ability to balance sophistication with simplicity, scientific rigor with pragmatism, and agility with quality.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and statistical methods with their underlying theory and math.
- Proficiency in Python. Familiarity with SQL. In addition, Java or other programming language experience would be valuable.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a quantitative discipline like Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Statistics, Math, Neuroscience, Operations Research, Physics, etc. (MS/PhD is preferred, but strong candidates with BS will also be considered)
- Available to work in our San Francisco office full time Summer 2019
This position will help you to grow! In particular, you will have the following experiences.
- Experience with modern ML algorithms and solid software development, including translating ML models into production software.
- Experience in working with large data-sets, from prototyping to business impact.
- Experience with distributed machine learning frameworks, like Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.
- Experience in extracting business value from predictive models and data products.
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Your choice between Mac or PC