1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking Intern Candidates with a Software Engineering background to join our team. As a member of the Software Engineering Team, the incumbent will design, develop and test Java software applications. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends: SaaS, data aggregation and big data analytics, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Desire to build game-changing software applications and analytics tools
- Take great personal pride in building robust software
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Passionate about applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Familiarity with Java and object oriented design
- Java development experience
- Scripting experience (python, tcl, etc), and some probability/advanced statistics
- Exposure to data structures and algorithms
- Exposure to source control systems and unit test frameworks
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Have experience with online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Have used tools in SDLC - Agile Software (Scrum), IntellJ, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with SQL databases, and database frameworks such as iBATIS or Hibernate
- Experience with networking and protocols
- Experience with Linux
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.