Oklahoma City Thunder
Are you searching for an internship to help you gain experience in human resources? The Oklahoma City Thunder’s HR department is looking for a college student to join us this summer! As the Intern, Human Resources you will bring your HR classroom studies to life through real-world application. This internship offers learning opportunities including employee event planning, recruiting and on-boarding, employee recognition, file and document storage and the many behind-the-scenes details that make an HR department work successfully.
Our internship program provides practical work experience in a professional environment as well as supplemental program activities such as lunch-and-learns, resume’ review and other events designed to enrich the internship experience. This internship begins June 8, 2020 and ends August 28, 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track the content of the employment inbox daily and respond to applicant inquiries
- Partner with hiring managers, IT, facilities and the HR team to ensure a smooth on-boarding process for new hires, and shadow HR staff members during on-boarding and orientations
- Collaborate with a team to plan and execute the Thunder’s annual United Way staff campaign
- Participate in the planning and execution of staff events where you may sort tickets, design signage or other materials, facilitate prize drawings, and work on staff check-in, event setup and post-event teardown
- Learn to review and write job descriptions and use Textio analytics software to refine them before posting to various employment sites
- Build or update charts, graphical dashboards or forms as requested
- Track and update recruiting analytics and conduct research on various topics which may include recruiting trends, state minimum wage compliance, employment laws, and training resources
- Join fellow HR staff, representing the organization at career fairs or other recruiting events
- Perform administrative support tasks including filing, making copies, making new files or labels, organizing HR storage rooms, I-9 form compliance and retention, and occasionally deliver or pickup items at offsite locations
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Presently enrolled at an accredited university with junior or senior standing and approved by your school to receive internship credit
- Students pursuing a degree in Human Resource Management preferred
- Ability to work independently on a project to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; PowerPoint a plus
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record as well as reliable transportation
- Physical requirements of the job may include bending and lifting to approximately 30 pounds
- Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
- Work schedule will include 15-20 hours per week, consisting primarily of daytime office hours with some evening work for summer staff events and part-time employee orientations
This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the HR & Payroll Coordinator.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.