You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Research key programming events to help inform Curation strategy
- Research Spectrum Guides to identify image and content gaps/irregularities
- Audit Industry Guides to understand how they merchandise their content
- Audit/Research Spectrum Guides for merchandising trents and opportunities
- Support Curation team members with correspondence with Programmers and Corporate Marketing
- All Research and audits require a summary presentation with ongoing updates
- Participate in Stunt planning meetings
- View Movie Trailers for genre recommendations, etc.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s degree, MBA-seeking
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Adobe Suite
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- iOS and Android
- Works well independently
- Knowledge of content platforms - Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Comcast, Disney +, etc.