Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system .
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an Intern Assistant to the IT Chief Engineer to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
This is a temporary position not to exceed end of Summer Semester of 2020.
As the Intern Assistant to the IT Chief Engineer you will:
- Provide trade study, proof of concept, and application system development in support of cloud based applications.
- Provide System Engineering support for EA Software Integrated Environment Role-Based Repository Architecture (SIERRA).
- With need to complete the SF85 process for LOC access for cloud technology access and VPN ability.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Going into the fall 2020 semester, it's required of candidates to be enrolled in at least their junior year within an Engineering curriculum at an ABET university.
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
- Previous design intern experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation is preferred.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide trade study, proof of concept, and application system development in support of cloud based applications. Goal of providing an assessment of approaches currently being investigated by NASA.
- Provide System Engineering support for EA Software Integrated Environment Role-Based Repository Architecture (SIERRA). Goal of completing the proof of concept environment.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges.
Previous design intern experience is preferred.
Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation is preferred.
Programming, Python, Cloud Infrastrucutre and Cloud-centric applications, GitLab, DevOps tools, performance testing and script development.
Why Work for Jacobs?
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please click on the links below:
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge.)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .