The Communications department advances the mission and strategy of Kaiser Permanente by promoting and protecting our brand and reputation, aligning and activating our people, and engaging with key stakeholders. Our department is comprised of six key core teams: strategy communications, reputation management, enterprise communications, CEO communications, content and digital channels, and communications excellence. The Communications intern would have an exciting opportunity to rotate across each core team in the department, gaining hands-on experience that will position them for a successful career in the field of communications.
- Bachelors degree in Public Affairs or Communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills for copy to be published across mediums.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Ability to work with executives who lead a complex organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team with professional communicators.
- Developing and/or implementing communications plans and tactics for special and strategic projects (e.g., Kaiser Permanente's 75 anniversary, Community Health program communications)
- Partnering with public relations and social media for external communications and announcements
- Compiling communications strategy reports for the Kaiser Permanente CEO and working in partnership to help execute on possible external engagement
- Project management development and exposure, sharing strategic thinking on the communications program management function
- Creating or partnering to create content (including written, graphic and video).
- Special project identified and framed by the intern that will help the Communications department successfully deliver on Kaiser Permanente-s mission and strategy.
- Special projects assigned around insights and analytics for Communications.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon-Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Internship
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Communications
Department : National Communications
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.