Van Metre Companies
Under the direction of the VP of Investment Properties Marketing, the Marketing Intern will obtain knowledge helpful to generating traffic at residential properties, promoting resident retention, assistance with resident event planning, and providing creative and exciting marketing ideas to the table. In addition, the Intern will learn how a property is marketed, via digital marketing, social media, promotions and events.
All Van Metre interns will have the opportunity to meet and network with interns and employees from other departments and divisions. Interns will engage in a series of trainings that will help them to excel in their particular roles and to broaden their understanding of the company and the many different ways to become involved at Van Metre. The internship program is designed to give our interns valuable and broadly applicable experience that will continue to be an asset well into the future.
- Help organize marketing events at a corporate level
- Assist with the promotion of each property through social media channels, websites, internet listing services, etc.
- Create graphics, flyers and social graphics for prospect and resident facing events
- Audit marketing materials; to include, but not limited to:
- Tracking numbers
- Update community info sheets, price sheets, floor plans, and brochures
- Complete property requests and action items daily
- Monitor all social media channels for new trends, creative ideas, and suggestions
- Bring new, creative and out-of-the-box ideas to the marketing team
- Stay up to date on current marketing strategies and tools
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Program
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Suite
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with content creation a plus
- Understanding of social media channels, social tools, and basic communication tactics
- Ability to provide new, exciting and creative ideas to the team
- Positive, hardworking, go-getter attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Valid Driver's License and personal transportation
Van Metre Companies was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 3 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce! As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.