Omitron is looking for a full-stack developer to help evolve a dynamic, complex software system at the FDF. You will be chipping in to diverse areas of development including visuals, iteration times, code quality, performance, and reliability. This provides the opportunity to grow and hone knowledge along a broad spectrum of the development process, from UX and workflow design to data processing.
You will work with a friendly, motivated team driven to continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes. In addition, you will be tightly integrated with flight analysts who use the system. As such, feedback will be direct and you will see the immediate impact of your work. You must collaborate with engineers, analysts, and system admins to identify short-term and long-term needs. The ideal candidate would possess strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills.
Specific areas of support will include:
- Solving NASA operational spacecraft needs by problem definition, requirements development and interpretation, solution development, and implementation
- Working directly with Flight Dynamics engineers and teams to develop software requirements
- Identifying new software methods and opportunities from public, private, academia and industry practices to improve FDF software and architecture
- Developing, coding, testing, and troubleshooting software on a real-time operational system with a focus on quality, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Creating test plans and performing functional software testing and integration of software
- Improving operations by introducing enhancements to policies and procedures
- Preparing for and presenting to stakeholders at engineering milestone reviews for approval
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Experience developing and debugging in Java
- Experience programming in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Lua, etc.)
- Experience working with modern databases and RDBMSs
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience automating processes
- Experience with multiple different programming languages, web frameworks, containers, and data stores
- Familiar with server-side architectural concepts (message queuing, caching, state management, events, asynchrony, multi-threading, etc)
- Familiar with git workflows and project management suites such as Atlassian/Github
- Familiarity developing in C++
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with Spring or Angular Framework
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to interface with engineering tools such as STK, ODTK, and FreeFlyer
Experience with Physics, Mathematics or Engineering algorithms
0-2+ years’ professional experience in software development, with ever-increasing responsibilities.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related degree.
Greenbelt, MD (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)
Not required at time of hire, though must qualify for a Secret clearance.
Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.