As a WellCare intern, you will make an impact on WellCare�s top priorities while working on various projects in your areas of interest. More importantly, you will be able to improve the quality of our members� lives while also learning valuable skills to further your career. Throughout your internship, you will work side by side with mentors, WellCare associates, and other interns to drive the organization forward, enhance the lives of our members, and continue to further your own personal development.
Sales & Marketing Operations -Project Manager - National Sales Summer Internship 2020
12 Weeks from May 18- August 7
Paid internship with Career Development, Experiential Learning, Social Activity and Exposure to Senior Leaders during your time as an intern
- In support of WellCare’s corporate strategy, drives key projects and executes critical project deliverables.
- Assists with defining, creating a platform to measure, and executing against key performance indicators (KPIs) for the organization.
- Leads cross-functional multi-disciplined process to proactively engage and reactively address potential and actual issues/crisis.
- Provides consultation and input on engagement strategies, reputation risk concerns and communications best practices for leaders across the enterprise.
- Leads all M&A communications. Collaborates with area owners (e.g., corporate communications, investor relations) to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing area owners (e.g., Sales Support, Sales Ops, National Distribution, etc.) to ensure accuracy, consistency, timeliness, of key AEP and OEP business drivers.
- Prepares analysis, and designs confidential presentations for annual strategic plans.
- Frames key messaging and/or points of view for presentations to the leadership team.
- Participates in analysis, design, development, deployment, maintenance and enhancements regarding assigned process improvements.
- Provides project oversight and administration to ensure that the development and delivery of solutions meets or exceeds the expected business requirements.
- Serves as primary contact for complex issues for the organization.
- Assists in developing short range plans for overall departmental activities
- May make recommendations on matters of policy and approve changes in operational processes.
- Prepares weekly Executive Leadership Team report.
- Proactively develops collaborative relationships with internal and interdepartmental partners to ensure a broad and accurate depiction of projects, initiatives, and changes to the business.
- Researches and recommends operational transformation initiatives.
- Identifies major risks facing the organization
- Currently enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in a college program with course work related to the internship with a minimum 3.0 GPA or Pass ratings.
- Preferred areas of study; Business, Business Analytics, Management, Communications, Project Management
- No Requirements
- No Experience Required
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Project
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a World's Most Admired Company in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.