The Art Institute of Chicago
Interested in a career in Human Resouces?
The Human Resouces (HR) Intern serves an important role supporting the HR department, as it relates to Talent Acquisition.
You will learn the fundamentals aspects of the recruitment and the on-boarding process.
- Understand the full cycle recruitment process
- Learn the fundamental functions of PeopleSoft (applicant tracking system)
- Mentor relationships with field practitioners
- Peer-to-peer relationships with fellow interns
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the recruitment process: Screen resumes, interview candidates, extend employment offers and the on-boarding process
- Collaborate with staff to prepare for new employee orientation
- General office administration of the human resources department
- Work on projects as needed
- Undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduates (within one year of graduation) will also be considered
- Seeking a degree in human resources or related field
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
A resume and cover letter are required for the application. The cover letter should include:
What do you hope to gain from this internship experience?
What will you contribute to this internship?
Length of Program: 8-10 weeks
Hours: up to 35 hrs/week
Application Time Out Warning
The Art Institute of Chicago requires all applicants to complete an online application to be considered for employment. 60 minutes are allotted for applicants to complete the employment application. The application will automatically time out after 60 minutes. If you are unable to submit the completed application at this time, please choose the Save for Later option to avoid losing the information you have entered so far.