We're looking for the crazy ones that are committed to changing the world.
We provide world changing early stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition. We've helped fund over $100M into companies and are recruiting entrepreneurial team members who committed to our vision of helping startups succeed.
Marketing Internship Role Overview:
This is a paid program for passionate entry level marketers. You will develop original content and creative strategies to attract startups, engage with them, and ultimately help develop a presence that attracts top startups to join our accelerator. We offer social media and marketing specialization tracks based on your experience, ability, and career goals. To be successful at Newchip, you should have a passion for learning and working knowledge of startups, entrepreneurship, and marketing technology.
- Marketing & Advertising Track
- Social Media & Communications Track
You will promote our programs and services on multiple social media channels and on our blog. This include managing social media pages, responding to followers and tracking engagement. To be successful, you should have witty in your face content writing skills and experience developing social media audiences while maintaining consistent voice and branding.
About Our Internship & Apprentice Programs
Our paid internships and apprentice programs are part-time and/or full time, they typically last 4-6 mo's and Apprenticeships 6-8 mo's with top candidates offered full-time roles upon completion. We only accept full-time roles with a goal of training to hire and we consider and we accept applicants year around. If you don't see a role that fits what you want to do, create a role that you believe will add value to our organization, create a plan around it, and email it to [email protected]
- Ambitious and flexible, prepared to frequently step out of your comfort zone, work hard to deliver the team’s goals, and have a desire to create a positive and enjoyable work environment.
- A strong drive and the ability to self-direct, especially on multiple projects at any one time. Our work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to pro-actively identify and execute on opportunities to contribute.
- Personable, engaging and able to build positive relationships with coworkers, team, and clients
- Able to research, assimilate and communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally. You need to be able to see the big picture, and sweat the tiniest details to perfection.
- Have had exposure to the technology industry within startups, leading technology company or consultancy.
- Passion for high quality work and the ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Passionate about working in the Austin startup scene and helping our startup companies succeed
- Organized and plan ahead but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You write things down and take notes. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus we we’ll be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- Are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully with a positive can-do attitude.
- Are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- Comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- Have a cover letter, resume, and portfolio that demonstrates attention to detail and appreciation for a polished product.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms and social media management
- Ability to deliver high quality and creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask and be analytical
- Basic knowledge of SEO, keyword research and analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- You get to Inbox Zero every day and complete projects on-time.
- Don’t gossip, have a positive attitude, and have discretion.
- Graduated or graduating with BSc in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- Weekly team lunches and endless snack and drink supply in office
- Regularly planned team outings and company events each month
- Training, career development opportunities, conferences and travel
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact and receive full-time offer
P.S. A video cover letter via Vimeo or Youtube as well as portfolio link is preferred over a paper cover letter in the application process as we guarantee review of all video cover letters (you may also send us a publicly accessible Google Drive link). We're looking forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the recruitment process! -Newchip Marketing Team