What impact will you have in this role?
We are looking for a Jr. Business Analyst to assist New Signature's Strategy team in developing mature business processes and gathering requirements for our business systems. This position supports our strategic planning process by working with stakeholders to fully define business problems, identify expected outcomes and prepare feature requests for evaluation by our steering committee for placement on our corporate roadmap. The BA will play a key role in preparing reports for the steering committee and managing the hand-off of ideas, once prioritized to the implementation team.
New Signature's BAs have exceptional communication and organizational skills. They have demonstrated success in working with senior stakeholders and engineering team members to deliver excellent solutions to business problems. They are team players, able to provide thought leadership to the overall New Signature consulting team and contribute to continuous improvement of our approach to solving business challenges
What will you be doing day-to-day?
Primarily, the Business Analyst (BA) will lead requirements gathering and management through workshop facilitation, feature request (idea) grooming and continuous feedback loops with internal stakeholders and senior leadership.The BA will have good knowledge and application of Use Cases, Process Maps, Data Flows and Diagrams
What experience do you need to be successful in this role?
Demonstrable 4+ years of experience with:
- Agile Methodologies
- User Stories/Journeys
- Working alongside Developers and Architects
- Experience in Cloud (ideally Microsoft) and Big Data projects
- Work with individuals across New Signature via interviews and workshops to drive the requirements development process by
- Persistently pursuing busy or reluctant stakeholders
- Identifying underlying issues by always asking, why?
- Keeping the focus on the business problem rather than the technical solution
- Deconstruct existing reports, data sets and presentations to identify the underlying business needs Deliver business and user needs analysis as required for assigned initiatives according to agreed-upon timelines.
- Clearly document and communicate your findings via Process flow diagrams, Relational data diagrams, Written requirements and Gap analysis reports
- Look for connections or synergies across internal initiatives to simplify business processes or system design
- Contribute to thought leadership and innovation within the New Signature team to champion the use of BA standards and approaches for business and user requirements gathering
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of stakeholder trust and confidence
- Strong knowledge of requirements gathering processes and analysis
- Ability to create and refine product backlogs and assist product owners to determine priorities
- Support the Business Systems Owner to generate the aggregated Systems Roadmap and keep updated
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Azure DevOps, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Familiarity with Aha! or other roadmap management tools a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the big picture view
- Self Starter
- Bachelor's degree
All employees must act in accordance with New Signature's corporate security standards.
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
OUR CORE VALUES
Our employees are driven by our values and know that they make a positive difference every time that they help a customer to solve their challenges. Our focus on delivering great customer experiences empowers our people to build rewarding relationships that contribute to our positive work environment. You can learn more about our culture here: New Signature Culture ( https://newsignature.com/about/company/ )
We use our hearts and minds to collaborate for success.
We harness technology to drive business, but we never let that replace our human connections. We use our hearts and minds to collaborate for success and instill confidence in our customers through relationships forged from trust.
We are giving and respectful.
With our efforts to always be generous, we elevate our service level with empathetic and considerate communications and actions. We always find a way to support our customers and colleagues by giving of our time and talent and equally respecting the time and talent of others.
We tell it as it is, with positive intent.
Being authentic helps to nurture our strong and trusted relationships. We are honest, transparent, and reliable. When you partner with New Signature, you are partnering with a group of purposeful, outcome-driven and results-oriented professionals.
We push the boundaries at the intersection of people, process and technology.
For us, there are no limit to our dreams. We continually innovate and push boundaries at the intersection of people, process, and technology to bring our customers and colleagues the best solutions first.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As a Global Cloud Transformation Consultancy business, New Signature understands diversity and inclusion in the workplace brings benefits to our customers, our business and most importantly, our people. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
New Signature is an Equal Opportunity Employer. New Signature prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factors protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including all aspects of the recruiting and employment life-cycle at New Signature.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
For US Applicants: New Signature is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is only used upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9.
Click here for the E-Verify Participation Poster (available in English and Spanish) ( https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf )
If you require this notice in another language provided by DHS, please contact us at 202.452.5923
Click here for more information on Your Right to Work ( https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPoster.pdf ) or Visit the USCIS website here for more information on E-Verify ( https://www.e-verify.gov/employees )
For Canadian Applicants: New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416.971.4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).