Sammons® Financial Group (SFG) Member Companies offer some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
Our Internship program is designed to give students experience with projects and performing tasks within their hired work area. You will be exposed to other areas within the organization by participating in development, culture and volunteer events. This paid internship is 10 + weeks in length with the possibility of extending hours into the school year.
Our program holds an 80/10/10 approach, meaning that 80% of your work time will involve performing tasks or working on projects within your hired work area. Another 10% of the time, you will be exposed to learning in other areas within your assigned division to get more corporate experience. Then, the final 10% will be spent in shared experiences across the organization, where you will get to really learn about our culture and work environment.
What you can expect as the Sales Desk Intern
Responsible for supporting internal sales efforts by assisting internal sales specialists with service related calls and emails that come in to the Sammons Retirement Solutions (SRS) sales desk. Work with internal wholesalers and managers as needed to promote and increase the sales of Sammons Retirement Solutions' products and accounts. Support the administrative functions of the sales desk where needed, including but not limited to, coordinate efforts and communication with sales teams (internal/external wholesalers) in respective territories based on the requirements established by SRS.
- Assist Sales Desk Specialist with requests from inbound calls and emails in a timely manner with the ability to prioritize requests based on need.
- Effectively assist with illustration design, creation and packet creation, email/mail illustrations and order materials as needed.
- Learn all aspects of Sales Desk Specialist and Internal Wholesaler roles through daily interaction and shadowing current specialists and internal wholesalers.
- Navigate the organization for available resources to provide problem resolution assistance to financial advisers across the country.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge on industry trends, competitive intelligence and investment strategy methods.
- Other Individuals pursing their bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Economics preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Computer skills, including Microsoft word and excel
- Criminal background check required.