Graduate Hotels builds authentic, playful spaces that connect travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration with local establishments.
Our teams excel in delivering top results while introducing clients and guests to the design and service that have made us one of the fastest growing lifestyle brands in the country. There is never one right answer in hospitality. Come share your past experiences with us, to help write this textbook on service.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers through positive leadership
- Provide pricing and guidance recommendations to sales staff, review and approve any special corporate negotiated rates
- Responsible for learning the hotel brand and strategy and effectively implement to the sales team.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including food and beverage, guest services, reservations
- Develop a complete knowledge and ensure adherence to company sales policies and SOPs
- Drive customer loyalty in order to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Manage group or business travel accounts in assigned market segments to maximize business potential and exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Manage and execute RFP Season Annually by facilitating the process in conjunction with the GM and/or Sales Manager
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented for the team
- Identify and pursue new and repeat business through prospecting calls, visits, site tours, lunches, and networking events
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies
- Analyze sales and revenue management reports to identify trends and future demand opportunities Monitor pricing, MAR and other minimums to ensure pricing is within an acceptable range based on available inventory, current sales/revenue strategies and market demand
- Attend and contribute to all revenue and sales strategy meetings and calls
- Participates in forecasting for revenue and expenses
- Understand, leverage, and implement corporate and brand tools to exceed budgets
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Conducts weekly and monthly share analysis for measurement of hotels market performance versus competition and implements strategies accordingly in conjunction with the Regional Director of Sales, Regional Director of Revenue Management, GM
- Recommend and implement new sales programs at the hotel and accurately track ROI
- Initiates collateral and online marketing efforts to include all printed sales collateral, direct mail, discount promotions, e-mail marketing, website presence and tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend
- Prepares annual marketing/business and budget plans
- Set and monitor team member goals including weekly sales activities, room night and revenue goals monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Provides ongoing feedback, training and development of team members and addresses areas of opportunity
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports
- Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business, or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years in progressive hotel sales with leadership responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills relative to impact on hotel revenues
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of revenue management principles
- Ability to use reservation and revenue management systems to develop pricing and sales recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, focus on Excel, Word and Outlook Ability to travel as needed
- Must have flexible work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
_\*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer_