Orbis Technologies, Inc. provides award-winning products, solutions, and services powering enterprise software for hundreds of clients across four continents and fourteen countries. Orbis software and services support mission-critical Enterprise Content Management Software, Solutions, Services, and Analytical Software Solutions. We make semantic technologies perform on a global scale. Every day, thousands of users at our prestigious commercial, military, and federal customers depend on our software and solutions. When other partners miss the mark, Orbis gets the job done.
Orbis Technologies, Inc. is seeking undergraduate level software developer students for our Summer Internship Program to support our Product Development team in Audubon, PA. This is a technical internship and provides the opportunity to work closely with our team on immediate customer projects.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with demonstrated initiative as part of a team.
- Practical hands-on experience through working directly with cutting-edge technologies and senior management on real-world business and technical problems.
- Specific experience in the development, implementation, and testing of semantic technology solutions for commercial and government clients.
- Assist in developing semantic applications using commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and Open Source software to create custom solutions for our clients.
- Acquire a comprehensive overview of the skills needed to operate in a world-leading company through a multi-disciplined structured learning environment.
- Be exposed to professional training and skill-building in a variety of corporate positions.
- Learn industry-leading technologies such as Angular 7, Java 8+, Git, Mvn builds, CI / CD automation, and leveraging .json.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Math.
- Graduation date expected between December 2020 and December 2021.
- Preferably have some experience in either SQL or no-SQL databases.
- Some previous UI experience is a plus, especially if with Angular7 libraries
- GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (4.0 or higher on a 5.0 scale) is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience gained through extracurricular activities or associations.
- Java Development knowledge is preferred.
- Soft skills such as self-driven, highly motivated, strong work ethic, avid-learner, team-player, detail-oriented, agile, adaptable, and creative at solving problems.
Please note, this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
From: Orbis Technologies