MicroVision is the creator of PicoP® scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology pioneered by the company. The technology is well suited to support a wide array of applications including interactive projection, 3D LiDAR sensing for applications such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), robotics and industrial applications, and Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). MicroVision is an independently recognized leader for its formidable intellectual property portfolio. The company is based in Redmond, Washington.
MicroVision is seeking an Intern Test Engineer to join the Test Engineering team during Summer 2020. This role requires a balance of both software and hardware strategies to develop production test solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Balance software and hardware strategies to develop production test methods.
- Assist experienced test engineers with design, development and verification of production tests.
- Perform statistical data analysis to identify issues and drive improvements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly self-motivated to take ownership of problems and drive solutions.
- Some experience coding in any language: LabVIEW, Python, C, C++, C#, MatLab, etc.
- Some experience with mechanical, electrical or optical hardware design.
- Some experience with basic statistical data analysis.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of sophomore year in an engineering degree program BS or higher; Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineer, Optical Engineer, Physics or similar.
- Some experience in LabVIEW.
- Some experience with image processing, camera basics, or color science.
- Some experience designing one of the following; PCBs, mechanical fixtures, or optical assemblies.
- Some experience with JMP or Minitab
- Some hands-on experience, lab courses, extra-curricular club participation, or work experience.
MicroVision, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact us at 425-936-6847.